Craftster Swaps & Magazines  

Posted by Emily

Here are pictures of the items I sent out for the Craftster Sweat Shoppe Round 13 Swap (discussion thread, gallery):

These are reversible coffee cup holders.. side 1..side 2..Here are the postage-stamp quilted potholders (each square is 1"x1" finished size); I made 5 different color schemes, but here's just one for the idea..
I really need to figure out how to mitre corners before I try that on an actual quilt! I'm glad I made these potholders because I do plan on making a postage stamp quilt much like this, this, these, and these ones. I even participated in a swap on Craftster (discussion, gallery) for squares. I am just going to go for a random look for my first one rather than try to figure out values or sort by color waves. I'm going to use this method, which is what I did in miniature for the potholders. I also swapped squares with my sister (along with her 2 sisters-in-law), who sent me squares she cut out of my grandma's clothes- that means so much to me that she thought to do that. I still owe her and her sisters-in-law their squares... I'm so late sending out that I'm sending them tons more fabric and some other things- which is just making me later! Oh well, I hope they'll forgive me when they get their packages.

I signed up for the Naughty Words Needs Friends Too Swap, which is going to be insanly fun. I have stalked my partner and I'm glad to see she makes awesome stuff, and I love her personality so it will be it fun to make her things and see how she likes them. I'm kicking around a few ideas right now and I'll be crafting probably this weekend (if I don't start sooner).

I received my July issue of Sewing Savvy and June issue of Travel and Leisure in the mail today, so I have some good reading ahead of me for the next couple hours or so.

à tout à l'heure!

This entry was posted on Monday, May 19, 2008 at Monday, May 19, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment