Going to the Gym tonight..  

Posted by Emily in , ,

My gym has an Abs & Buns class tonight, so I'll be doing that after I do some weight training. And after that? I get to do some work on the computer for the rest of the night... fu-UN!

This is one of the issues too- I work a full time time plus I run a business and both are done 98% on the computer so I do a lot of sitting. I've been thinking about ways to incorporate some exercise at the same time and I ran across a site called Squeeze It In. I just did all the following office exercises:

Pushing Paper
Binder Back
Work the Plank (with the dips variation)
I'm Not Getting Squats Done
Call to Arms

I did 2 sets of 12 for each exercise except the Call to Arms, which I've only done one "set" of so far because I've only had one phone call so far today since the woman with whom I share my office left for the day. I'll keep doing these periodically throughout the day and I'll do them every time I have the office to myself and can close the door so no one walking by will see. Surprisingly, these exercises did get my heart going a little bit so I know I'm buring at least a few calories from it (every little bit helps!)

There are videos for around the house, while grocery shopping, while watching the kids, and many more exercises in addition to a nutrition section- I encourage you to check them out!

Once I post this, I'm going to walk to the coffee shops down the street, which roundtrip is about 2/3 of a mile. That's about 110 calories burned in that walk, more if I speed walk. I'll grab an Iced Coffee and add just a tablespoon of half and half for 20 calories. All in all, even with the coffee I'll be at an estimated net loss of about 90 calories. Considering I would usually drive there and burn basically no calories, I'll be doing pretty good! Again, every little bit helps.

In related news.. my scale it continuing to go down but I'm not going to post an official loss for a day or two. I want to make sure those pesky pounds are really gone and not just on vacation!

Off to Fair Trade Cafe!


Update: Walk complete! Whew, it's 82 degrees outside- nice for milling around, but getting a little warm for outside fitness activities!

This entry was posted on Thursday, April 15, 2010 at Thursday, April 15, 2010 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment