Food is my only creative endeavor right now..  

Posted by Emily in ,

..or that how it seems anyway. Besides working (from home for now), doing some housework and preparing to redo the house and backyard, planning healthy meals (well- healthy-ish; I know I'm missing green leafy veggies, but they just don't appeal to me right now) is the only thing I seem to be accomplishing lately. Which is totally fine since that's pretty important :)


Breakfast yesterday. Sauteed (why won't the accent work for me?- pretend it's there above the first e) nectarine and leftover polenta with a little maple syrup:

IMG_2036

Lunch yesterday. Baked sweet potato, grapes and a Morningstar Farms Hickory Riblet (really good!):

IMG_2038

Dinner yesterday. Snobby Joes (recipe here) on jalapeƱo (the accent worked here!) focaccia (Safeway), homemade guacamole (a friends super-secret recipe) with pita chips and strawberries:

IMG_2040

Breakfast this morning. A toasted crumpet (Trader Joe's) with preserves, strawberries, grapes and mini heirloom tomatoes:

IMG_2041

Lunch was leftovers from dinner yesterday, so I didn't take any photos. Dinner tonight was Chickpea (aka Garbonzo Bean) Cutlets (recipe here), baked red potato and mushroom gravy (recipe here).

IMG_2042

Everything turned out pretty tasty and there's nothing I wouldn't make again, though maybe with a couple tweaks here and there. I froze the leftover Snobby Joe filling by scooping them onto a cookie sheet with an ice cream scoop, flash freezing and putting the scoops in a freezer bag. The leftover individual Chickpea Cutlets are freezing right now and I will put them in a freezer bag before I go to bed. I want to get some ready-made meals in the freezer that weren't mass produced by big companies.

That's it for now.. explore the blog I linked to (with the recipes), she has some other recipes I'm going to try eventually.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, March 9, 2011 at Wednesday, March 09, 2011 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment