Joe.. how ah've missed ye..  

Posted by Emily in ,

I hadn't been to Trader Joe's in months and months before I decided to make the trip this afternoon. What a dope I've been- they have so many great products and actually have pretty decent prices! I bought a 1 liter bottle of olive oil for $5.50- I was expecting to pay $18.00 at Safeway later this week, d'oh! So anyway, I came home with quite a few items and I managed to use six of them in my dinner tonight.


I didn't take step-by-step photos since this is pretty easy and I didn't use a recipe.

Ingredients:

Polenta (I purchased the kind in a roll, but you can use the mix if you want), sliced to 1/2 inch rounds
1/4 of a small yellow onion, sliced
A handful or so of white mushrooms, chopped roughly
4 cloves garlic (more or less to your own taste), crushed and minced
Thyme
Oregano
Salt
Pepper
Sage
Olive oil

Heat the olive oil in your pan. Add the mushrooms, onions, garlic and spices and keep this to one side of the pan. Add the polenta rounds to the other side of the pan. Saute everything, keeping the polenta more or less separate from the rest so you can flip it over without trapping a mushroom or something underneath. Heat until browned and yummy :)

Then I made a simple caprese salad with the mini heirloom tomatoes and fresh mozzarella balls that I purchased, topped off with just sea salt and fresh cracked pepper. So good!

Besides the spices, the only thing on my plate I didn't purchase today are the grapes. This turned out to be a great dinner, light (non-greasy or heavy) but still filling.

Here's a quick pic from my crappy iPhone and horribly lighted kitchen:

IMG_2035

This entry was posted on Monday, March 7, 2011 at Monday, March 07, 2011 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment